With more than 300 users a day, the Perpignan waste collection center takes in virtually all types of waste: bulky items, green waste, rubble, scrap metal, cardboard, wood, WEEE, edible oils, waste oils, batteries, glass, furniture and textiles, etc. ... .
👉 More than 15,000 tonnes of the 62,900 tonnes received at all the region's landfill sites in 2022. It's also one of the only ones open all day on Sundays.
✔ Due to the large number of people using the site, it was necessary to expand it to improve user and staff safety, as well as to improve the flow of vehicles and encourage users to come and sort their waste.
🚧 A number of new facilities have been created:
- Widening of lanes to improve the flow of vehicles.
- Creation of pedestrian walkways for safer movement.
- Creation of sorting areas for municipal services.
- Introduction of a new sorting channel: gypsum.
- Expansion of waste reception capacity to accommodate more than 11 tons per month and more materials to encourage good sorting reflexes.
👉 Perpignan Méditerranée Métropole, through its waste authority, has financed this project to the tune of 311,000 inc. tax.
The inauguration took place on Thursday, September 7, in the presence of R.Vila, Chairman of PMM, G.Foxonet, Vice-Chairman of PMM, S.Loda, Vice-Chairman of PMM, M.Medina, Vice-Chairman of PMM, B.Valiente, Chairman of Sydetom 66 and Community Councillor, R.Genis and J.Pallacin, elected representatives of the City of Perpignan, JL. Aliet, deputy mayor of St-Laurent-de-la-Salanque and vice-president of Sydetom 66, as well as the partners, companies and agents who contributed to the project.